Wednesday 18 March 2009

Right, I know the saying is "better late than never" but with this one I feel iv taken the piss. But never the less here it is.
influential photographs, now this may seem like an easy task, but to really show you all what has made me love(or hate) certain photography in only five images...well, I just cant. My first was going to be 'Christopher Isherwood talking to bob Holman, Santa Monica, California, 14th march1983' by David Hockney. No matter how hard i have tried due to copyright issues this image will not be making it on to my blog, Its actually pissed me of that much it ran through my mind to cut it out my book and plaster it to my monitor, but that wouldn't help anyone. I truly love this image and urge anyone to look it up(Photography: A Cultural History 2nd addition,pg 393). Within this Montage Hockney depicts only segments of the image in which he feels are the most important, or which he noticed in the room with the main subjects being Isherwood and Holman are actually multiply depicted. when I first saw this image I thought he must have sat in that room and listed what he looked at in order then took photos of just those focal points, even if that's not what he did, and I'm sure it isn't, I find this method of photography really intriguing, almost like story telling. If I ever find two spare minutes I want to try it out.
Second picture, and you will actually get an image with this one guys is, Richard Misrach's 'Playboy No. 94 [Ray Charles], from Desert Cantos 1989-1991'.

No comments:

Post a Comment